can i use 3/16" hose on 1/4" fittings

93f250invt

Reaction score
i have a 3/16" fuel return line kit but was wondering if i would have to replace the check valve in the filter head and the fitting to return to the tank as they are 1/4" fittings any help would be appreciated

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So your planning on useing a 3/16 return line kit on a 1/4 inch fitting setup.. Well its just going to be a harder to force the hose over the fittings but it will work. Why did you end up with a smaller size return line kit... Now going the other way from 1/4 inch down to 3/16 is not the best of ideas but it can be done. It will be difficult to know if the hose seals correctly. That is noplace to have an air leak either...

93f250invt

Reaction score
the 3/16 was all mel had in stock at the time i ordered and need to get the leaks in the returns fixed so i can run with a little peice of mind intend on doing injectors and ip a little down the road with a new 1/4" kit but really wondered if it was normal for the caps to move a slight bit?

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not go to napa, autozone, pepboys, schucks, oreilys ect. and get the right one's?

93f250invt

Reaction score
all i have right near me is carquest and every time i try to get a part through them they try to give me the wrong stuff and won't order anything if it's not in there system

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all i have right near me is carquest and every time i try to get a part through them they try to give me the wrong stuff and won't order anything if it's not in there system

If I've got this correct this should be right......http://www.carquest.com/webapp/wcs/...ducts__10151_-1_10651_434387_20944?acesApp=1#

Here's a picture of it, http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/A1C0/2K202.oap?pt=02462&ppt=C0024

the offset one's I *think* are 1/4"....maybe someone else can help.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Yes the caps DO MOVE a bit once installed. Be sure you hear the "pop" sound when you push down on them to be sure they have seated in place. Once you hear it, you'll know.,

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wait just a minute there.. Those prices are horrible. Who the hel is going to pay that price when we have two members here that sell better than that for less. Ok.. So Mel is temp out. Wow... This is getting close to psd prices for parts... Not happeneing to me thats for sure... I have 4 or five sets of these in both sizes. I'm sitting here happy as hel too... I sure didn't pay no damned 60 friggen bucks for a set either.. But everyone knows when I buy something I get what I want for the price I want to pay... Only Mel and Russ quote a price to me that I wont challenge for what I'm buying from them...

93f250invt

Reaction score
my problem is not with carquest but with the people that work there when i first bought my truck they told me that a 93 with a turbo never existed and then have tried to sell me the wrong starter with my old one on the counter right in front of them to see

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online