CAI

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright i know almost everyones opinion on CAI intakes on a 6.0 is leave the stock one its better than any intake youll add. My head boss at work is dead set on a CAI. If he was to get one what brand would you guys suggest? Im a cummins guy so i dont know anything about aftermarket stuff on 6.0's.

-Jordan-

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not have a brand recommendation. But I do agree with you, if you can convince him, the stock is better that an aftermarket.

I have not changed the air intake on mine, and do not plan to. I have read about too may turbos and engines being dusted by a CAI. For me, it is not worth it. With the factory setup you are good to over 400hp with it, and the filters last forever. With the Donaldson Powercore Filter they come with standard, the are not considered full of dirt until they have captured over 3lbs of contaminates. I have not changed the air filter on mine since I bought it, and I have put over 40,000 miles on it. I have taken it out and checked it, and it still looks good. But my truck stays on the road, and it is not all that dusty where I live.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I talk to him i think hes just tired of how much of a pain in the ass it is to get the stock air filter in and out on a 6.0 than he is for the performance side of the CAI.

-Jordan-

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, it is a PITA to get out and back in.... but for a seldom as an OEM one needs changed, it is not all that bad....

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I would say do a 6337 napa filter

I don't think there is enough room. That is the same as the "BHAF" that is also used on the Cummins. If so, not sure where we could put it, it is pretty busy under the hood of a 6.0, Just like on the IDI's the cold side of the turbo points toward the driver side headlight.... The factory filter is mounted between the radiator and the drivers side battery, and power steering res....... it just fits. The first time I removed my filter, so that I could see what was going on, I pulled the drivers side battery.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I agree the stock setup is the best setup. Nothing aftermarket will outflow it. NOTHING!

Best thing you can do to it though is the zoodad mod. It opens the intake side of the filter up to behind the grille.

There should be no need to change the filter unless the filter light comes on or the filter minder shows its plugged. Like Snicklas mentioned it takes over 3 pounds of dirt to plug one.