Cab floor pans the same 83-96?

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trucks floor pan is cracked where the bucket seats mount. I removed the factory bench seat and installed buckets years ago, and during the course of removing and installing the transmission recently, I noticed the floor was cracked, which would explain why my seat leans to the inside. I shored it up with some strips of scrap steel, and sandwich plated the floorboard until I can make a proper repair. I was figuring on welding in a reinforcement plate with some nuts welded on the backside to make installing and removing the seats a one man job. Doing some research I stumbled across this:

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/478839

This is a Ford TSB for floor cracking, and some reinforcement plates made to address my specific issue on 89-90 Fseries trucks and broncos. I'm curious if those plates would work on the floor of my 92.

Thanks,

Ryan

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice that Ford is ofering this job for free. And if you paid to have the job done before the recall they will pay you back for the price of the repair. Finally Ford stood tall and accepted something...

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this TSB was released in 1990, so no chance of getting it done for free anymore I bet. Either way, I'm curious if the panels are available for purchase and if they will work on my 1992.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I *think* they're the same, but when all is said and done it'd probably be easier just to weld something up yourself or cut the needed section out of a junkyard truck.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this TSB was released in 1990, so no chance of getting it done for free anymore I bet. Either way, I'm curious if the panels are available for purchase and if they will work on my 1992.
Looks like the TSB was only for vehicles that came from the factory with buckets. With that said, AFAIK the floor pans are identical from '80-'96/97, with the only differences being some reinforcing points for the trucks with factory bucket seats. So, while you may have to drill a few different holes, I don't see why it wouldn't work overall ;Sweet

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know seat mounts do vary between style of truck. Extended cabs with 40/20/40 seats have a different mount than crewcabs or regular cabs. I know when I put extended cab seats in my crewcab they fit pretty good, but not exact. I've always assumed the floors are different also not just the bolt patterns.

So if your looking to grab a part from a donor vehicle extended cab would be my first choice, but any of them can probably be made to work. I also agree building some floor reinforcements your self would probably be pretty easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online