Cab Clearance Light options

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is in the body shop currently, getting the hood, cowl, and roof repainted as well as a small section of rust on the cab corner repaired. I took all the trim off before I sent it over, including the clearance lights.

A couple of the gaskets on the factory lights tore during removal- any idea if those gaskets are available separately from the entire light?

Is there an aftermarket light that shares the hole spacing that will be a direct replacement? I was hoping for some of those Recon LED lights, but I'm not sure if they'll install using the existing wiring and screws- I don't want to drill any new holes in the roof.

Also, what is the best way to re-install the cowl without scratching it? Should I have the hood removed? I had to remove the cowl to remove the washer squirters and the radio antenna- and I don't want do damage it during replacement.

Ryan

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Cab Lights, Check out the Superduty Cab Lights my brother installed them on his truck. Cant remember if they were a bolt in thing or not.

A tip for you on the cowl, put in a new seal on the bottom of the cowl. It keeps the hot engine air out of the cab. I replaced mine and it really helped the ac the summer.

Seems like I was able to install it with the hood on, but my memory aint that great.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to do mine with the hood on, its possible but I have scratches on the fenders now. If I had nice paint I would have had an extra hand to help remove the hood then help with the cowl. Either way its a PITA.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Throw a half-folded grease rag over the fender on each side. Maybe with a little masking tape to keep them from slipping off. Once the panel is set in place, lift one end, remove the rag, then the other.

Grease rags: More than just for snot & oil.:D

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
IIRC dodge cab lights from a 00? and newer use the same bolt pattern for the cab lights.

As for any gaskets sold seperatly, i have never seen them.

The cowl can go on w the hood on depending how tight of a gap you had between the hood and the cowl. Just masking tape all the edges and the edges of the fenders and the hood

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
O and just so you know. The Superduty lights have built in studs that you have to put nuts on from the inside, so unless you are going to drill accessss holes in your inner steel headliner they will NOT work in an OBS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online