c6 with e4od converter

idibeast

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick question, do any of you know if an e4od torque converter will work with the c6 transmission. I might be replacing the e4od in my 1996 7.3 and i know the bellhousings right, but dont have a clue what to do about the torque converter, thanks again.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick question, do any of you know if an e4od torque converter will work with the c6 transmission. I might be replacing the e4od in my 1996 7.3 and i know the bellhousings right, but dont have a clue what to do about the torque converter, thanks again.

doesnt work................totally diff trans...................

idibeast

Reaction score
Well that sucks, but another question, do any of yall know how i might get this to work. I would really like a c6 behind my 7.3 (much cheaper to build) or is there no possible way?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
It can be done. The big issue is the vaccume control crap. I

You can go with a manual valve body to solve the vaccume issue.

Last you will need to redrill the flex plate. There is no four hole flex plate available for a PSD.

idibeast

Reaction score
I planned on going full manual with a floor shifter, but i was wondering about the flex plate, how would i drill it and wouldnt that throw it off balance, what if i got one from an idi, cut out the bolt holes in the center and welded mine in place.

idibeast

Reaction score
Thank you all very much, i think im going to do the swap and drill the flexplate. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online