C6 Problems

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anything special done for a C6 toughness wise with a gear vendors behind it?
i build the hell out of them and put in the most heavy duty low stall convertor money can buy into them. bad part is the GV is now the weak link in the setup. I have more than my share of hunting trophies to show for it.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
i build the hell out of them and put in the most heavy duty low stall convertor money can buy into them. bad part is the GV is now the weak link in the setup. I have more than my share of hunting trophies to show for it.

Do tough built C6 trannies fry the GV? What's your cost for one, bolt in and drive?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do tough built C6 trannies fry the GV? What's your cost for one, bolt in and drive?
regular service C6 convertors stall out at roughly 2k rpm. the ones I put in will stall at 1500. downside is a need for a larger cooler. also, a trans temp gauge is a very good idea. As far as what kills a GV, the trans is now overbuilt so the GV is the weakest link.
pricing? let's take that to pm's.

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
What is the best way to fill the torque converter with oil?
1. Pour oil in the pump opening
2. Install the converter on the trans and install the trans and let it fill with the oil pump

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to fill the torque converter with oil?
1. Pour oil in the pump opening
2. Install the converter on the trans and install the trans and let it fill with the oil pump
"try" to pour some in. but more than likely it will take 1/2 quart before your patience runs out. the key thing is making sure the convertor is in all the way.

stumiister

Diesel Truck Tech
Reaction score
I got the tranny installed and drove it to about 45mph and i couldnt really feel it shift throught the gears Im sure I need to adjust the VRV, but will be another day when its not so hot out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online