c6 is out

ericwade381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys my trans finally went no reverse now it was building up to it for a while now. Anyway I wanted to see if when the c6 goes do you guys rebuild them have someone rebuild them or some guys go to the junk yard which is a gamble. Anything I can do to make it stronger for hauling and plowing? Thanks!

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To rebuild one usually isn't too expensive. Last one I had done was by a friend of mine and total cost with rebuilt TC was 600. That's also with me pulling it and installing it. If your in northern md I'm about central western pa and have a good used 4x4 c6. Old guy claimed a couple thousand on a rebuild.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if your using the truck a lot I would have a good transmission shop rebuild it with high quality parts. it might cost a little more but it will be worth it.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Ok since no one has mentioned it. Here's what I would do
bigger Transmission Cooler(6.0 is a popular upgrade)
Shift Kit is a must have wouldn't have a C6 without one. :angel::D
Deeper Transmission Pan
Upgraded Torque Converter(B&D etc) Darrin just did a thread on this good info. @Darrin Tosh
See if we can get him over here ;Sweet
I'll Link that thread over here.

Edit: here it is.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...-Guys-C6-Torque-Converter-question&highlight=

Yup I plan on the BD Torque Converter, Manual Valve Body 6 pinion Planitary Gears and the other upgrades that My builder recommends, Don't have them in front of me right now, but will run around $1500 for everything.

I honestly cant wait to drive the truck with this Upgraded Tranny. I have been wanting a Good Tight Trans for some time. It may not be till Spring until its done, as the truck will go in storage when snow flys, but I am sure it will be worth the wait and Money.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Yup I plan on the BD Torque Converter, Manual Valve Body 6 pinion Planitary Gears and the other upgrades that My builder recommends, Don't have them in front of me right now, but will run around $1500 for everything.

I honestly cant wait to drive the truck with this Upgraded Tranny. I have been wanting a Good Tight Trans for some time. It may not be till Spring until its done, as the truck will go in storage when snow flys, but I am sure it will be worth the wait and Money.

Wow the skies the limit there. Can't wait to hear the feedback on it ;Sweet
Do you have the specs on that valve body? And are you planning on running a Shift Kit also?

ericwade381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much are you asking for the trans? Do you know how many miles on the rebuild?

I was looking at finned deeper pans the one I'm looking at is like 125 after a online rebate it says no dipstick modification? Any good coolers you guys recommend it's a landscape truck tows hauls and plows? Thanks guys !