C-6 Shifting Problems

mntwins7

Broken 6.9
Reaction score
When I'm driving the truck, the tranny won't switch gears until I let off the throttle.

I've been told it could be a vacuum leak?

Not sure. Has this happened to anyone?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do an advanced search on C6 vacuum. Put my name in for posts.

Attachments

• 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 42

mntwins7

Broken 6.9
Reaction score
Do an advanced search on C6 vacuum. Put my name in for posts.

Alright, after reading your posts, I should check the VRV? How do I check for vacuum and what should I do from here?

Sorry, I don't know much haha.

Thanks again.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, after reading your posts, I should check the VRV? How do I check for vacuum and what should I do from here?

Sorry, I don't know much haha.

Thanks again.

I know there is a spec for the VRV etc, but I just found it easier to rotate it slightly and then go for a drive to test it. It took a few trys until I got it where I wanted it, but since it is about 20 seconds to loosen the 2 screws and adjust it all was good. Another thing to do is pull the rubber vac line off where it attaches to the trans. If there is ATF in it then the valve/canister that it is attached to is bad (forget the technical name of it). Inexpensive part to order from NAPA. They come with different color stripes on them, I believe mine was a green stripe.

I have my VRV set to hold a gear a bit longer than stock. I noticed this helped with acceleration and towing. When I got it the previous owner had it set to shift at extrememly low RPMS....said hit helped with mileage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle