C-6 Shift Controller??

txquigly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what to do for the vac controller that goes on the side of the injection pump for a C-6? Mine has gone bad, the dealer says Ford no longer offers that part, and all the junk ones that I've found are just that....junk. Found a retro NOS parts place that has one for over $100!!:mad: .Any thought would be appreciated....

Thanks, Quigly

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know what to do for the vac controller that goes on the side of the injection pump for a C-6?

I think he means the VRV, not the modulator. I am sort of on the hunt for one myself, Ish a bit leaky and won't pass more than 12hg of vac.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
That's not half bad. I remember looking a couple months ago, but never found anything less than $80ish.

Guess I did not look hard enough. =P

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i bought one when uhaul had everything on sale in the beginning of the year. I look fairly often for cheap parts from them to stock up on my idi collection.

the worst part is i have a 5 speed.

txquigly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I typed in every word string I could think of and waded through hundreds of useless parts and didn't find that one. That's better than $110 from the NOS guys!

Edwin

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ebay has them listed all the time in the 6.9 or 7.3 parts forum. Uhaul is a good place to buy from too and they usually have great prices. Buy a spare and place it in the glove box. Then you have something that will get you home late Sunday nite...:sly

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was crude, I just run vac straight from the pump to the modulator on the tranny. Never a problem, and I've hauled some big loads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online