C-6 Shift Controller??

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
The only issue is that it shifts WAY to late right now...

Plan to hunt down a VRV tomorrow since the one I have is suspect.

Thad

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
It's bad for the transmission, makes it upshift to early.

My van has that problem right now, drives good if you manually shift it, but if you put it in Drive, minimal-half throttle, it will shift 1-2-3 all at once, then bogs down, and downshift into 2nd, and hold it long enough to upshift to 3rd.

Does it every single time starting off from a stop.

If you give it full throttle off the line, it will shift through the gears like it should though.

Non of the vacuum lines looks hacked or anything, but it does only have 92k miles on it, and the oil looks original.

Right now i'm blaming a sticky valve body do to the old oil, I'm gonna drop the pan, and also do a running flush, hoping that cures it....

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
My van has that problem right now, drives good if you manually shift it, but if you put it in Drive, minimal-half throttle, it will shift 1-2-3 all at once, then bogs down, and downshift into 2nd, and hold it long enough to upshift to 3rd.

Does it every single time starting off from a stop.

If you give it full throttle off the line, it will shift through the gears like it should though.

Non of the vacuum lines looks hacked or anything, but it does only have 92k miles on it, and the oil looks original.

Right now i'm blaming a sticky valve body do to the old oil, I'm gonna drop the pan, and also do a running flush, hoping that cures it....

get a bottle of BG transmission flush and drop that in before you do your running flush. stuff has cleaned many sticking governers in mercedes benzes i fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert