by products of WVO or WMO disposal

bchowk

Reaction score
I am a total newbie...I just purchased my first Diesel (93 F250 7.3 IDI with a ZF5) based on a bunch of great things I've read here. I'm stoked and have lot's of plans for our new family adventure wagon!

I'd love to get into either WVO/Biodiesel or WMO as a way to both save a little cash and pander to my wifes greener sensibilities (recycle, renew and reuse) and I still get to cruise a big, bad, respectable truck instead of a prius...win win

So far, see I've got a lot of reading to do about producing a clean burning product BUT here is my first question.

say I choose to brew biodiesel....What do I do with the leftover glycerine? or if I choose to "wash" the diesel won't I have at least some "Diesel water" from that process? Do you guys pour that down a drain? OR what if I choose WMO, What about separated water? Can I recyle the filters somehow. If I got a fuge, what do I do with the sludge the fuge fuges off?

I live in the suburbs, so no burn piles are readily availabe. Also whatever I do has to be able to hide in a clean looking shed (easy enough) but I'm more worried about accumulating barrels of unusable sludge.

any advice?

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With WVO I've read soap being made from the leftovers. But that is quite a process.
The really "sludgy" stuff should go to a "normal" oil recycler, or some cities have a hazardous waste disposal drop off point.(water also)
Those just come to mind.

Smoky12v

Reaction score
use the separated water and sludge to mix it up and bring it to chain auto parts store like autozone.

or check your local hazardous waste disposal facility to dispose whatever you got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online