Burning synthetic WMO?

bigbadbear

Reaction score
I have been running synthetic oil in the crankcase, and am wondering if mixing synthetic oil with diesel, would be the same as mixing SAE oil? I have alittle stockpile going, and want to use it! I would only be running 25% oil, and filtering to 1 micron. Just wondering if anyone knows of any consequences of running synthetic. Thanks in advance!

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it does not burn like regular oil as it has a higher temp rating on it. I would not use it myself.

motoshop

Reaction score
I acquire all my oil from a BMW dealership. 95% of this is synthetic and I burn it with no problems whatsoever. 25% WMO to diesel and filtered to 1 micron will cause you no problems.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I acquire all my oil from a BMW dealership. 95% of this is synthetic and I burn it with no problems whatsoever. 25% WMO to diesel and filtered to 1 micron will cause you no problems.

agreed, i burn it to. i have tried not to make to strong a mix with straight synthetic myself and i never had a problem. the amount you are talking should be fine. start with a lighter mix and work up to it if you are not sure.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I burn syn oil from my wifes trailblazer @ about 20% mix seems ok while the temps are warm outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online