Bumper ****!

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
So I recently did some overhaulin' on my front bumper and changed my old rear bumper to a much more fitting heavy steel bumper thanks to plywood. Now that everything is done (I just got done installing a new license plate light on the rear bumper) I thought I would post up pics of everything I did for your viewing pleasure. :sly Enjoy!

My uncle and I torched some holes for the new 100W driving lights first:

You must be registered for see images attach

This is after we smoothed out the holes and then hole-sawed out 6 new holes for some 9-LED amber markers:

Marker lights working:

We had to fab up some brackets under the bumper from some angle iron and weld them in to bolt up the driving lights. Then we welded in some expanded steel behind the openings to protect the lights from most flying debris. Here it is after everything was wired up and turned on:

The wiring was actually pretty awesome. We took some electrical pipe and cut sections for underneath the bumper and tacked them up to run the wire through for the lights and the markers. I also mounted up a 30A relay under the hood and a 20A inline fuse to keep all the juice flowing under the hood and the switch in the dash as only that, a switch. Turned out nice and clean! ;Sweet

Here's how it looks right now on the front:

And finally the rear bumper. Thanks again to plywood!!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Nice work! I've found good packing cardboard and lots of duct tape works great for making heavy mockup models when fabricating. I have a great metal shop, I bring him the pieces with them marked best as possible and they come back with metal chunks bent and cut to perfection ;Sweet

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
VERY VERY NICE!! Im jelous!:sly Its always nice to stand on when working under the hood to!

I just picked up a heafty winch bumper off a 97 and will be putting it on my 84 come spring. Not nearly as cool as yours however

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Got chance to actually use those driving lights last night coming off Mt. Hood around midnight after night skiing. They work so awesome. Light up exactly where they should be; directly in front of me and off to the shoulder on the fog line and the ditch maybe 100 feet out. Nobody gets blinded and I see like it's daylight.

Next on the list is my intercooler and then a good winch to use the rest of the space on the front.

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take one rear bumper! Let me know where to send the box of pineapples.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker