Brush guard question

1994IDI

Reaction score
I bought a brush guard from a gentleman who thought it was for our trucks, but I am having trouble getting it to go on. It looks like it fits, but it hits the headlights. Does anyone have any way to tell for sure what this fits, or how I can get it on my truck? Anyone else with any pictures of their similar brush guards? Thanks for any help guys.

Attachments

• PC080010.jpg
    PC080010.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 34

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the way the light guards are tapered back, I'd say Super Pig or maybe a Dodge. It looks like it tapers back a bunch more than one thats actually for our trucks.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Does it come close to fitting the contour of the bumper with the upright brackets? That will be your best clue as to what it actually fits.

1994IDI

Reaction score
My mistake, it hits the side markers, not the headlights. I suppose its for a a later Super Duty? Very dissapointed.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Any more direction here will be greatly appreciated. I would really like to get this thing on.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
you could try washers to space it out a little, cut and re-weld it, or heat it up and bend it out. :dunno

1994IDI

Reaction score
I was afraid heating it up would ruin the finish on it. Surely a propane torch would discolor pretty fiercely?

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I was afraid heating it up would ruin the finish on it. Surely a propane torch would discolor pretty fiercely?

ya prolly will, especially being chrome. i would try a few washers on each side. if that dont work heating it up is almost your only other option. you could always paint it black :dunno

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Painting it black would work until it started flaking off the chrome finish. You could probably bend it out by hand without the use of any heat.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Thanks guys, it's strudy as hell, but I'll try it again. I'm going to get a buddy to help me out with it tonight to see if we can bend it out a little bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin