Brownies on Ebay

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw those Robert....I wish I had the cash, would his 97.2 feedback rating worry you?
The brownies look great except for no shift towers or linkages.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had the cash for one too. My truck really needs a second OD for highway use!!!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you say bulk buy lol id get all 3 if @ ppl wanted to buy 1 for 200- 250

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
Those should work with my med duty huh? Thats what they were used in right? What is the OD ratio?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I saw those Robert....I wish I had the cash, would his 97.2 feedback rating worry you?
The brownies look great except for no shift towers or linkages.

Not after reading through. Basically one neg it looks like. Feedback rating is only based on the last 12 months now not the overall. It can paint a false picture one way or the other real easy overall it's more like a 99.some odd positive

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a gearbox that goes behing your existing tranny....you end up with 3x as many gears (depending on the ratios) giving you some lower and some higher than you've got already.....

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
it makes you able to pull a loaded freight train in 4-low with the underdrive enabled LOL

Isn't that the truth. I don't have the 4x4 to go with it, but just the low range is wonderful for poking trailers into tight uphill spots.. like my yard.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could make it happen. You'd better be able to float/rev match gears since you don't have a clutch. Actually that's pretty much a prerequisite for a brownie even behind a manual. They are divorced units and just bolt behind almost any gear box. They seem like the best option for the advanced IDI driver. Way cheaper and tougher than a GV but also probably not quite as user friendly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle