Bronco tank, air in fuel GONE!

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
So finally after 2 years? of owning this truck the air is gone, the air is gone!!!! I had no idea it ran so nice and smooth, and.... quiet! I had a series of crap that added up to a mess trying to fix my fueling issues. I dropped my old rear tank to see if i had a sending unit issue, turns out i had both a sending unit issue, and holes in the tank. So I ditched the rear tank in favor of the 33Gal bronco tank. I love it. The final list included for me, a 92 bronco rear tank, the midship tank sending unit (this works much better in the bronco tank application), upper and lower 80-96 bronco F/S tank straps, and my own little modification to the filler neck and the new vent tube. Not to mention the new rubber hose from the tank to my electric lift pump.
So any way, turns out i had holes in the sending unit lines, holes in the tank, and a malfuctioning switching valve, which all added up to bad air leaks. The switching valve was returning to a non existant midship tank, or at least trying, and allowing air into the return. This turned out to be very easy. And if there are some folks wanting a writeup, I would be glad to oblige! :thumbsup:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Funny I am considering a 38 Gal tank for rear of my Bronco or even a 45 but that would be prohibitively expensive to purchase.

I wish I could just fab up a tank from fiberglass as it would be so easy for me.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I've got a brand new C&C plastic tank sitting in my garage, if anyone is interested.

I bought it thinking I'd use it. But I can't afford the room it would take to mount the spare in the box. And I won't give up the cooling, to mount it in front of the grill.

$100 and it's will have a new home?