Broken Back pressure Solenoid

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
I was installing the "HX Mod" and the plastic clip on the backpressure solenoid on the bottom front of the turbo/ pedestal (it's very hard to see) broke off. It looks like it's been cracked for some time and just needed to be bumped. How it got cracked is a whole other story! :mad:

Anyway, it's a very expensive part and I'm wondering first of all, what does it do and secondly can I run the truck with it disconnected? I need to get this truck running as my club, Western New York Powerstroke Association is having our Fall Dyno Day on Saturday and I've got a million things to do.

I need help fast.

Gar Hanson
President/ WNYPA

www.wnypa.org
[email protected]

Last edited:

DmaxEter

Meet Mike Hawk
Reaction score
Yes you can run it without it plugged up with no problems. You might notice a little more time needed to bring things up to operating temperature in the winter time but thats about it.

Y2KPSD

Reaction score
DmaxEter said:
Yes you can run it without it plugged up with no problems. You might notice a little more time needed to bring things up to operating temperature in the winter time but thats about it.

Will I throw any codes or get any lights? Thanks for the help. That's a load off my mind.

Y2KPSD

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
;Sweet dmaxeater!

It sounds like your EBPV...what usually gets gutted any way :Sly

Why the high $ idioiguneers put such a crappy plug down in the valley/under the turbo cookoo cookoo cookoo

Good luck on the rollers and post sum #'s :D

DmaxEter

Meet Mike Hawk
Reaction score
No codes will be logged and no ill effects from it being unplugged. Next you need to do like Geonc said and gut it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin