Breaking down and asking for help

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take a picture of it today. On follow up I actually drove the truck around and the tick is much better. Must be I haven't sealed the up pipe well enough. Now it's just a quiet tink vs loud tick.

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I couldn't get a clear picture of it from my truck. But I uploaded a picture of the kit. See below. What he is talking about is on the vertical pipe furthest to the left there is a little tab welded on it (look at the straight section of the pipe, and follow it down to where it starts to bend). That tab get bolted to a metal piece where the cross over pipe and the cast iron pipe meet. The metal piece has holes in either end. One to bolt to that tab below, and the other to bolt where the cast iron and cross over pipe meet (it uses one of the flange studs). You push the up pipe in as far as it will go and then tighten the bolts on the tab and stud to hold the down pipe in place and keep it from slipping out of the slip joint. When I sealed everything I used some exhaust sealer as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There might be a different set up NA but I'm not sure. My truck had the turbo on it since I got it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online