brake parts

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
typ4 how did you come up with a part id or number that would fit. I would like to do the same on several of my trucks----97 4x4 f350 dually cab/chassis----89 f350 dully ex cab---86 f250 4x4

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Guys the issues with our braking system is the auto adjusters in back really don't work. So we end up braking with most of the stopping force on the front rotors. Hauling a load will heat up the rotors and crack or warp them. I cracked 2 front rotors till a Midas brake guy showed me what was wrong. changing the hydroboost brake system helps with the rears being out of adjustment but wont fix the poor design either. We need to get under there and adjust the rear brakes manually when the parking brake peddle sets more than 1/2 way to the floor. Increasing the wheel cylinder size is a great idea too. Sure we have discussed that here before but don't recall the part numbers. I think the cylinders are the dually size but they fit the single rear wheel size fine. Its that or it was a different make truck wheel cylinder... CRS...

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Whats the deal with ceramic pads. Every place sure does push them

Ceramic pads do two things well, one by design,one by coincidence.

#1 they stop well under hard braking and do not fade easily.

#2 They last a long time.

Downside: they tend to wear out rotors fast because of their hardness.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ceramic pads also are more likely to squeal. I suspect most places push them for the same reason they push the cross drilled / slotted / fancy rotors - people think that's the best and they're willing to may extra = more profit.

Larger rear wheel cylinders would increase shoe force for the same line pressure - same could probably be done by modifying the proportioning valve.