brain pickin' time

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
OK guys, need some ideas.... I bought a 14bolt full float rear end for my truck last week and had it delivered this am, the problem is I thought it was just going to be the axle, turns out its the whole rear end of the truck, frame bed and all. I am now tasked with removing it and am lost how to do so. Now if it was a complete truck, no prob but I lack the front half of the truck making this a little more challenging. So any ideas? Oh, as for tools... hand tools, saw zall, a few jacks and stands, and a small tractor. Don't have too much in the way of help either.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use the little tractor to flip it all over. Then hand tools to get it out on the ground?

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My self! If ya got the tractor or a come along I'd roll that puppy over and make the bottom the top Just my 2 cents on the matter

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the threads on the U-bolts are galded when you try to take the nuts off you can use a saw-zall to cut the u-bolts also. The safest way to do that would be to have the piece flipped over as the others have mentioned.

rlb245

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed-ed riotwarrior! Working safe is the only way to work. Live long and prosper smoken150 GINNIN

smokin150

aka Diesel Weasel
Reaction score
Working safe is the only way to work. Live long and prosper smoken150 GINNIN

Doin what I can to be safe... kinda limited tho, bad motorcycle accident about 6 weeks ago. I'd be putting this off till later however something tore the stock 150 rear up right before the wreck... so trying to do this quick, got no other wheels. Gonna try and flip it today then tear into it tomorrow. Thanks for the advise

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online