Bought the 86 f350, swap begins

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the e4od outa the stroker should work, but you need some computer to run it. Dont know anything about Wa, but here is Cali there are no smog requirements since its so old.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tranny/ t case issues

so i decided to sell the complete cummins first gen/ tranny/ transfer case setup as a whole. But with that being said did anyone ever figure out if it was possible to make the nv 241 work with a mechanical speedo some how?

Or better yet if one could swap out the input gears on the ford 208 to a jeep/ dodge 208 to make it work?

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true thats what happens when your father has a wrecking business.

but seriously back to the questions.

SKimballC

Reaction score
2. How hard is it going to be to put the motor, five speed etc in my truck? Remeber i have two complete trucks.
3. Anyone done this before?

????

I also don't want to seem rude, but it does seem you are biting off a big mouthful. It's apparent that hardly anyone around here has the answers to the questions you keep asking, and no one can really answer how hard it is. Since you're worried about 'how hard', if I were you I would have found a set-up that you know has been done and gone for it, like the 12v with an adapter to a Ford tranny and t-case, or figured out a way to do the Dodge tranny. That swap has available parts ie adapter and motor mounts and support from a small community and vendors. The amount of electronics and fab involved has scared many a man away from PSD swaps, that's for sure.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
A Cummins swap wouldn't be that hard. You can get the adapters for a E4OD or ZF5 from Destroked. They do cost a few $$$ but no Diesel swap is really ever dirt cheap. You should find a good shop willing to do the swap if you are that unsure about doing it yourself.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true. the trucks are complete wrecked donors though.

Would putting the 94 stroker 4x4 5spd into my 86 be dimensionally possible?

What kind of problems have they had?

SKimballC

Reaction score
Um, who are 'they'? I've never seen or heard of a PSD being swapped into an older Ford.
Maybe you should get the ol' tape measure out and utilize these available complete wrecked donors you have at your disposal and compare the measurements and clearances with your '86.

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there to expensive to buy and aren't usually good condition. I love the looks of my 86 lariat much better anyways.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker