Boost reading?

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
Alright, I've had the guages in for about 2 months now and just wondering what the boost guage should be reading. I'm usually pulling a 4 horse trailer at about 10-12K roughly... it's been at about 10-12 in the flat and spike'n up to 20-24 on the hills. I've got a 65 HP Bullydog in it.

just wondering if that's about right or not!

thanks ya'll

JP

cdennyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know what kinda rig your drivin' but my dodge Ram3500 w/cummins cruises with about 10 psi at 60 mph. If I hit donner summit headed for Reno with our enclosed 34' car trailer stuffed to the rafters for a three-day drag race, I got it on the floor with the Banks 6-Gun setting on 4 or 5. That shoots the boost up to 26 psi. Then I went and installed a manual boost valve on the wastegate and now I set it at 30-32 psi. :eek:
This picture shows it "half" hooked up. I was looking for another piece of tubing when this shot was taken.

Attachments

• boost control and engine compartment 002comp.jpg
    boost control and engine compartment 002comp.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
Drive'n a Ram 3500 dually 6x4x2 with a 5 speed and a 3.55 rear end, so from what yours is reading mine appears to be running pretty close!

thanks

cdennyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you're runnin a set of 3.55's in the rear end, what kinda RPM do you turn at say 55 mph?
I've got the 48 auto trans with 4.10's and I hit about 1600-1700 in OD at that speed, getting about 25-28 mpg.

Attachments

• dodge dually 2003.JPG
    dodge dually 2003.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 4

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
I'm not real sure about 55 but I'm running just under 2000 RPM at 70MPH. I've found that if I keep it below 2000 my MPG stays about 3-5 higher than if I run about 72. when empty, which is rare I've gotten as good as 24-26, but I haven't ran it empty since I've put the 65 ponies to it.

there are some other things I'd like to do to it, but just don't know what to do just yet. I'm working on a stack set up that'll be an awesome deal if I can get the ins and outs worked out on it. having some mild difficulty getting the stuff I need, reason being that number one there are 3 of us working on this and number 2 it is a mildly complex system. a stack headache rack combonation.

here is a very very rough sketch!!!!!!! 5 min in paint,.......

Last edited:

cdennyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8052&highlight=stacks
go to this thread. Dazedandconfused has a nice set in his truck that would lend itself to a headache rack add on easily. Goto the search function on this board and type in "stacks". You'll get a bunch of leads and ideas. Theres a guy on here I think that sells a kit for your truck. Also sidepipes. Good luck. Post pics when you get done, or even started for that fact.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online