Books Besides Haynes and Chiltons

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
thats one of the the best on the engine ,fuel system ,vin codes ect but does not cover much trans ,front axle rear axle ect ,if you are going to buy another manual get the ford SERVICE MANUAL white cover 3"thick body chassis electrical,,

so would you not buy those other 2 I listed, just didnt know how much wiring info and such is in the main ones I just bought?

and ill keep my eye out for that service manual body, chassis, and electrical. Im sure its even harder to find in great shape for a good price.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like the correct set. Only other thing that's useful is the spec book unless it's part of the manual set in the later ones. For my 85 it's a book about 5x8" and 1/2" thick of nothing but all the various specs for the entire truck.

The parts manual is also useful but not really needed. I like it so that I can find the OEM part numbers for stuff and look it up that way, rather than praying the parts monkey at the counter gets it right, plus they also help show how things fit together.

The wiring diagrams IMHO aren't much good. It's hard to figure out what you're looking at in them, or at least it is in my 85 book. The Haynes manual has decent diagrams that are much easier to use.

The vacuum and troubleshooting manual is very nice to have, though not sure it's worth that much $$$. It does a good job of laying out how a particular circuit (ex wipers) works, where all the parts are, has a nice wiring/vacuum diagram for that system and has god good t/s info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online