BOOB site down?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just clicked on the lik in your sig and pulled up BOOB's site?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not down now, or anytime yesterday that I tried to get to it. You must have had an internet clitch or something.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by turbo69
the brotherhood link, not the pics link

;Really

Thats the one I clicked. Went right to the Brotherhoood page.:confused:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's weird. It's working right now. And that's from work and from home, so I'm not even using the same network to get to it. Make sure your not caching a bad page.

turbo69

Innocent Bystander
Reaction score
I still can't get in.

Gonna run a few virus scans, and ad scanners tonight, maybe that'll fix-r-up...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe we may have an explanation. Got this from the EZboard staff......

1/29/05 5:05 PM PST

Our sincerest apologies for the outage last night. On Friday afternoon there was a hardware failure in the network systems of our internet provider (ISP). While there are redundant systems in their facility, the service was restored poorly by their staff and resulted in a near hour long outage of all ezboard services.

In an attempt at a perfect storm, early Saturday morning there may have been a large power surge at the same internet providers facility. This has not been verified. What is known is that ALL of our equipment was taken off line at the same moment. We pay our ISP for clean power and it is very suspicious that everything went off line at the same moment. A few of the servers on the ezboard network were damaged and could not be revived. Our staff have been able to revive all but one server at this time and they are working on the last server. The damage to the servers and some other network hardware support the power surge theory but we may not have an answer for a few days.

Regarding our ISP, we are meeting with the senior management of our ISP this week to review the situation and make sure it does not occur again. I understand that a handful of our more enthusiastic ezboard users contacted our ISP directly enquiring as to the status of their networks. As they are not a customer of our ISP, they received the standard message that all systems are OK when in fact they were not. Unfortunately, these mixed messages did not help get ezboard on line any faster. They were pretty effective in creating uncertainty, finger pointing and lots more work for your ezboard customer service folks.

This was a bad outage and we are deeply sorry that it occurred. At times like this we provide you with truthful information as it comes available. Sometimes we can't get you information on your timetable and we apologize for that. However we post information as it becomes available and we can get the message out. To help with this we will be implementing a system status page in the near future.

Please understand that we deeply care about ezboard and want it to be the best community service on the internet. We are working hard to put a whole new engine in place that will improve our software and services (stay tuned on that). Your ezboard team has been working overtime to speed up servers that are slow and to improve general services. In fact, we put five new servers in production two weeks ago and will soon be putting another five in service.

Finally, your ezboard technical staff has been working the ISP facility and remotely since Friday and they continue to monitor all systems in case there are aftershocks. I am glad to say that under extreme circumstances they have done a perfect job restoring the systems. If you get a chance to thank them, I am sure that they would appreciate it.

Please enjoy the rest of your weekend while we continue our 24h monitoring looking for the first sign of any abnormalities. Be safe and enjoy ezboard.

Best,
Robert Labatt , ezboard C.E.O.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this isnt funny, but I love how corporate America lays the blame on someone else.

Very first paragraph of the appology letter;

Our sincerest apologies for the outage last night. On Friday afternoon there was a hardware failure in the network systems of our internet provider (ISP). While there are redundant systems in their facility, the service was restored poorly by their staff and resulted in a near hour long outage of all ezboard services

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, all I can is, I'm an I.T. guy at work, and I've had to send out messages just like that one, and they were truthfull. It's always better to blame someone else, when it's the truth. ;p Of course, one of the great things about I.T., is nobody can tell if your telling the truth or not. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster

Members online