Bolt sizes?

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was replacing my track bar bushings this weekend and had to cut one of the bolts off that was seized. Of course I lost the peice I cut so I was wondering if anyone knows what size bolts are used? I think meltric? Also, I have the wrong size bolt in one of my shocks that is starting to loosen so if anyone knows that size too I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Derek

sootman73

Reaction score
can't you just take the bushing and a shock into the hard ware store and find a grade 8 bolt that fits pretty tight? its probably gonna be metric like most everything is.....

Highridge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could but I'm away from my truck this week so I'd like to pick up the right parts for this weekend.
Does anyone think the Ford stealership would carry the bolts or at least know what size?

Thanks

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I could but I'm away from my truck this week so I'd like to pick up the right parts for this weekend.
Does anyone think the Ford stealership would carry the bolts or at least know what size?

Thanks

FORD Dealer may be able to look up the bolt, but they may not part with the information. Most likely they will want to make you order a bolt from them if it's still available. About the only time they'll part with the info is if the bolts aren't available anymore
I went to the dealer to see about flywheel bolts and the parts guy told me that they get them all from Fastenal because they aren't available anymore, but he'd look up the size for me, but while we were looking at the screen andabout to get the dimensions off the flippin' thing, all the sudden, the dirtbag noticed that the the things were still available, to the tune of about $45 a set and all the sudden he turned the screen to where I couldn't see it and got all, " well, I can order those for you" on me, even though he just go t through telling me that they NEVER use the factory ones in their shop :backoff I went home and took some measurements of the crank and flywheel and went to Fastenal and saved about $35

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online