Body Mount Bolt Torque Specification

George_7.3IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

For anyone who has the time and chance to can I get the torque spec for body mount bolts. I need to fix mine because I used cheap threaded rod when I originally replaced my body mounts since I was in a hurry and that's all I had handy. I'm going to go buy some grade 8 bolts today and fix the ones that are busted and hopefully get the other substandard bolts replaced also.

As I said all I need is the torque spec for the body mount bolts. Also on another note should I just use regular nuts with a lock washer or nylock nuts aka locknuts?

Thanks
George

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Not sure on torque specs but i just tighten the down with an impart gun untill it stops. I would use either nylock lock nuts or the crushed style lock nuts. I would use grade 5. grade 8 may be to hard and shear off with body roll

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
My lift kit used grade 8 and high strength loctite...there are no torque specs though. The size bolt makes a difference there as well, mine were 7/16 from the factory, but the lift kit went to 1/2 inch bolts. I torqued them to 90 ft. pounds and all is well thus far (used loctite as well).

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the others have said, not specific value that I know of for those bolts. I would use the size and grade of the bolt as a reference for max torque. With a grade 8 7/16 bolt 60-65 lb/ft max. Lock washers or self locking nuts would work. I didn't use any locktite, I did the opposite, I used anti-sieze on the threads.:dunno

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had difficulty with this as well. I'm using the red urathane bushings, and there is no inner sleeve. I went based on what I felt was a good "squish factor" and had to balance it amongst the 6 mounts, so that the door to fender seem was properly aligned. Too tight, and you don't get any flex and your cab makes creaky cracky noises. Too loose, and I suppose those problems become obvious too.