Body Lift kits wont fit diesel models?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hockey pucks can crack and break down over time. If you want to do 1" you can buy 1" body lift "pucks" that are built of the same plastic that the larger lifts are made from....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Performance...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aec456630&vxp=mtr

Clearly you are not using a quality Canadian made Hockey puck then.

I have used hockey pucks for many a 1" lift. It is when you stack em...they shift and can cause issues...one puck is safe no problem as I have used them for all kinds of products, mounts etc. they are extremely durable rubber that lasts forever IMHO.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess my biggest question is, "If I do a 1" body lift and nothing else, am I going to create any other issues with fan clearance, shifter linkages, or otherwise."

I'm just thinking of this now. If I did a body lift I would have to completely refab my bumper mounts.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clearly you are not using a quality Canadian made Hockey puck then.

I have used hockey pucks for many a 1" lift. It is when you stack em...they shift and can cause issues...one puck is safe no problem as I have used them for all kinds of products, mounts etc. they are extremely durable rubber that lasts forever IMHO.

Just got a feeling when you say you've used hockey pucks you really mean hockey pucks and not just some thing that has the general shape that 'we' call hockey pucks........:D

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess my biggest question is, "If I do a 1" body lift and nothing else, am I going to create any other issues with fan clearance, shifter linkages, or otherwise."

I'm just thinking of this now. If I did a body lift I would have to completely refab my bumper mounts.

Any time you alter your truck from stock there are ramifications, shifter linkages, clutch hyd lines, brake lines, fuel fillers, fuel lines, electrical wiring, fan/shroud/rad hoses, steering shafts, bumpers and so on. The choice is yours what and how you want to mitigate those items or mod to fit the situation.

The 1" lifts I have done, had not required any extensive mods to any of the listed items. However 2" and 3" have created some extensive mod issues.

The largest issue I can think of is lower fan shroud contact.....

Just got a feeling when you say you've used hockey pucks you really mean hockey pucks and not just some thing that has the general shape that 'we' call hockey pucks........:D

Ya I mean real honest go goodness
You must be registered for see images attach
for body lift a single one can make an ideal 1" lift, are cheap and very reliable. I have always used NEW Made in Canada pucks for 1' Lift!

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I mean real honest go goodness
You must be registered for see images attach
for body lift a single one can make an ideal 1" lift, are cheap and very reliable. I have always used NEW Made in Canada pucks for 1' Lift!
Hahahaha love it, I'll keep that in mind it I ever decide to do a body lift.

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three years ago I put hockey pucks from Sports Authority on my 77 on top of the rubber mounts. That truck has taken quite a beating, two Iowa and one Montana winter, close to 40k miles and aside from a little dirt all look good as new. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many years ago my buddy used hockey pucks for a 1" lift. After about 7~8 years a couple of them cracked apart and started to fall out, luckly we caught them before they completely fell out and the body fell down. These were actual "real" hockey pucks, not some cheapo's.

So after that we found the proper body lift blocks and they were the same price or cheaper than "real" ice hockey pucks. Figured why not use the proper product if the price is the same or less.....

So the pucks designed for body lifts I posted are 1.95 a piece. Looked at ***** Sporting goods and a regular puck is 1.99......

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many years ago my buddy used hockey pucks for a 1" lift. After about 7~8 years a couple of them cracked apart and started to fall out, luckly we caught them before they completely fell out and the body fell down. These were actual "real" hockey pucks, not some cheapo's.

So after that we found the proper body lift blocks and they were the same price or cheaper than "real" ice hockey pucks. Figured why not use the proper product if the price is the same or less.....

So the pucks designed for body lifts I posted are 1.95 a piece. Looked at ***** Sporting goods and a regular puck is 1.99......

Could be bad pucks, all in all I've seen this many many times and done it several with no ill effects. The thought to me, is that body lift parts are a fiber reinforced plastic and not solid and do crack as well. I don't understand it but I have seen the larger 2 and 3 inch blocks crack on many occasion because of the material used.

I consider doing any modification, be it a lift of body or suspension one that requires routine maintenance and that means periodic inspection of said modifications. This is my safety for me and everyone on the road, by checking regularly for peculiarity or distortion or anything out of ordinary I keep an eye on what I have done. If people just throw ***** together n don't pay attention that's their issue.

Lets be reasonable about this, puck vs block and understand that trucks everywhere have shoddy work and bad cab mounts and cracked frames/chev's...LOL and so forth. It is because you noticed the blocks where distorting that you alleviated any issues.

My stock cab mounts are in a state of well...not the best condition, I'm aware of it and I check it frequently. When I install the poly bushing kit and lift kit, I'll be keeping an eye on that too..no different!

Just saying........you can do mods...just keep an eye on em!

JM2CW

Al

lonster

Reaction score
hockey pucks

Hockey pucks can crack and break down over time. If you want to do 1" you can buy 1" body lift "pucks" that are built of the same plastic that the larger lifts are made from....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Performance...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aec456630&vxp=mtr

thanks for post, i think it would keep cost down to do the job properly. on ebay you would be into the pucks around $35.00 or so w/shipping, bolts can be picked up at local hardware store. again thanks for post and link to ebay. make it easy on yourself do it right the first time.