Body hardware kit

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever buy a body hardware kit? I've seen a couple here and there and given the condition of a lot of my hardware, I'm thinking about it. I was going to clean and plate everything but for the price, new stainless hardware might be a smarter move.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of new Au-Ve-Co nuts and bolts. Door hinge bolts, bolts and U-nuts for the fenders etc. And I still ended up reusing some old fasteners. All of the stuff I put in is mostly black oxide or yellow zinc.

Rehabbing nuts and bolts is a pain. Buying new gets expensive and isn't' always easy. Buddy of mine bought a rock tumbler type deal for running nuts and bolts through. Then he paints them. Now if a guy could bulk plate them that wouldn't be bad.

Let us know what you come up with.
-Jeremy

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, just so happens I also bought a tumbler and I was working on a bulk plating solution that involves a tumbling basket and got side-tracked. Bolts clean up okay in the tumbler with some evaporust tossed in. Kit is on sale for like $215. I probably am missing that much hardware from rust/broken/etc. Have to chew on it a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk