Bob V's 2wheel low kit

Batman

Reaction score
Just got finished installing one of Bob's 2 wheel low kits. Took about 1-1/2 hours taking my time and explaining some workings to my 15 year old daughter.

His kits are top shelf, instructions are very detailed. And, works as advertised.

Now, no more riding the clutch while backing the trailer.

Thanks Bob.

Max Power

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know anything about these kits. Does it disconnect the front driveshaft internally in the transfer case or does it do it at the driveshaft itself?

Batman

Reaction score
From what I understand....it doesn't allow the vaccuum to move the engagement of the front shaft, so while you are physically shifting into 4 low, you are only moving the gears for the rear shaft only.
I don't know if I explained that well enough, let me know.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a link to this kit? I would like to see it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks George, not being a registered member all I could see was the first post, but it appears to be a vacuum solenoid valve huh ?

rubberfish

Reaction score
Max Power said:
Sorry I don't know anything about these kits. Does it disconnect the front driveshaft internally in the transfer case or does it do it at the driveshaft itself?
You thinking one for your truck Tony?
Gm's are easy to do. If yours engages the same way as mine,
in the front diff, electronically, all you need is a switch and a
bit of wire, and a few minutes of your time.

Doggy Daddy

Reaction score
Max Power said:
Does it disconnect the front driveshaft internally in the transfer case or does it do it at the driveshaft itself?

Second Gen Dodges up to the 2001s have a vacuum operated sliding splined sleeve in the middle of one of the front axles. When the transfer case is in 4wd the sleeve is slid onto both halves (on that side) it works like a regular open drive axle. When the transfer case is in 2wd the sleeve is moved off one of the halves so if the driveshaft turns it will only spin the spider gears in the differential (like a broken axle).

So the 2Low kit interrupts the vacuum so that the sleeve stays disengaged but you have the gear reduction of 4 Low and the front end does not bind up on sharp turns. Very handy for maneuvering trailers in tight spaces, especially on a stick shift truck.

Batman

Reaction score
Dog...
Thanks for a better explanation than I would have given.
George