block heater

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
The wife has an '06 escape and i believe the block heater failed haven't tested it yet but if need be is there any "TRICKS" that anybody knows of that i can utilize to change out the block heater element without having to drain all the coolant from the block. i have used a dry vac to create neutral vacuum so that i did not lose coolant when changing out a thermostat on a c-15 cat but i do not own a dry vac.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Thats the only trick I know. Snap on makes a tool that will pull a vacuum on the stsytem just like the shop vac. It would be cheaper to get a shop vac though.
Ken

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
well i am going to check the cord hopefully i can just replace the cord but with my luck i will have to change out the whole unit element and all.
the worst of it is i have to do it outside in -30c temps

VALKYRIES

Reaction score
Block heaters

Is it cold up there papabear:D My dodge has an engine oil and fuel leak on the drivers side so am considering a diesel heater with tube to keep myself warm??? Get a multi meter and check the plug to see if you still have a circuit throught the heater? Put the selector on OHMS ( If you know these things that is good, I maybe able to help someone else???? What every the resistance is divide the resistance by 120(Volts) this will tell you the amps that the heater is???? Remove the cord and you can check that just go wire to wire see if the wires are good? I have worn my with the serpintene belt . Hope this is the problem for you for it would be the easiest to fix. You can go to the connections on the plug to see if they are good with the meter? Have you got a battery warmer? This isn't the time of the year to be working on equiipment outside. Glad to have H/H and arctic Carhartts coveralls. Good luck.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
Is it cold up there papabear:D My dodge has an engine oil and fuel leak on the drivers side so am considering a diesel heater with tube to keep myself warm??? Get a multi meter and check the plug to see if you still have a circuit throught the heater? Put the selector on OHMS ( If you know these things that is good, I maybe able to help someone else???? What every the resistance is divide the resistance by 120(Volts) this will tell you the amps that the heater is???? Remove the cord and you can check that just go wire to wire see if the wires are good? I have worn my with the serpintene belt . Hope this is the problem for you for it would be the easiest to fix. You can go to the connections on the plug to see if they are good with the meter? Have you got a battery warmer? This isn't the time of the year to be working on equiipment outside. Glad to have H/H and arctic Carhartts coveralls. Good luck.

thank you yes it is -32 here in fort nelson this morning and it turned out to be the wire had unplugged itself from the element and yes i have ALL the winter gear all the down to -70c with boots good to -100c

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7