Block heater leak

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats not going to work....:eek: Please send it to me so I can make it work....:angel::D I see the possibilitys in this clearly. A manifold under the charger then run it thru an intercooler. Then into the intake hat..... Nice idea there. What will the intake look like for the charger.... Pictures are worth way more than a thousand words......;Sweet:sly I will be watching this build closely too. You may want to change all the pulleys out for the 8 rib serpentine belt type found on the powerstrokes. I'm not sure how the stock 7 rib belt will handle the extra drag from the supercharger....

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
The intake is at the back. It will have a j-look to it that goes to a factory 6.0 P-storke intake pipe setup (just bought it) and behind that light. I will probably have to piggyback the batteries on the pass side to make some room for it. That will pick up there and go into the rear of the SC. Pump through the SC to a top with a large oval. I do not have enough clearance to fit it under the closed hood (needs 3" outlet). The oval will transfer into the IC pipe that you see there which will go to a FMIC and out the other side into the hat. I will no doubt have more thunderbird parts on this thing than any other vehicle EXCEPT a thunderbird.

This blower is the early 89-93 SC. I also have a later one that makes a bit more power. The CFM difference on the engine differences (420 IDI to 232 gasse)r was serioulsy like 20 CFM. I MAY have to put a smaller pulley on the front of it, but I am not sure if it will be a restriction at idle. We shall see.

8 Rib? Well...maybe later. Right now, I have too many other projects to get done. MY BABY MOOSE GOT HERE TODAY.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
The intake is at the back. It will have a j-look to it that goes to a factory 6.0 P-storke intake pipe setup (just bought it) and behind that light. I will probably have to piggyback the batteries on the pass side to make some room for it. That will pick up there and go into the rear of the SC. Pump through the SC to a top with a large oval. I do not have enough clearance to fit it under the closed hood (needs 3" outlet). The oval will transfer into the IC pipe that you see there which will go to a FMIC and out the other side into the hat. I will no doubt have more thunderbird parts on this thing than any other vehicle EXCEPT a thunderbird.

This blower is the early 89-93 SC. I also have a later one that makes a bit more power. The CFM difference on the engine differences (420 IDI to 232 gasse)r was serioulsy like 20 CFM. I MAY have to put a smaller pulley on the front of it, but I am not sure if it will be a restriction at idle. We shall see.

8 Rib? Well...maybe later. Right now, I have too many other projects to get done. MY BABY MOOSE GOT HERE TODAY.

Thats going to be awesome!!!!!!!!1:eek::eek:;Sweet;Sweet

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I thought I was going to think outside the box. Every other person/product for any engine raises the power up in the band. This will add power lower in the band (provided the pullies are close to what they need to be) and all the way through the band. This way, I can keep the rpms low and have enought power to not have to rev it to the sky. Like I said, I want this thing to get milage (over power) and be ultra reliable.

Now...back to the regularly scheduled thread.

SWS

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
well.... guess i cant say the rubber plugs are the next best thing. mine popped out tonight on me. 2 miles from home. pops came out with his f450 and towed my **** back home.

btw, when flat towing a truck with a manual trans, and the motor is still good just wont run, put the trans in 4th gear. tow rig will still pull it no problem, and u will have good steering and brakes then. lol. just fyi.

i will be installing a block heater back into the hole now.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Got some time to work on it today. Trans is back in and bolted up. I STILL have to do some meaninless work to it...ya know, tighten the crossmember. Install the slave cyl. Bleed it...cut the 3" out of the t-case handle, add the coolant, install the supply line to the filter head/IP, install the crank pulley, fix the power steering pulley alignment...

I could go on and on, but I won't. I DID get the starter and block heater pulled out/off. Letting it dry over night so I can do the install tomorrow...

HOPEFULLY, I can get the snow blower fixed as well...espically since it is behind it.

SWS

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Block heater is what killed the first engine in my 87. Prepped the second block the JB-Welded the block heater into the block. The only part you can actually see is the cord connection. The rest of it is covered in JB-Weld.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I am going to permatex on the outside of the the o-ring. The o-ring SHOULD seal to the block and rest is just in case.

SWS

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed the block heater on my F250 last weekend. They can be a read PITA to get out, but I had no issues with it leaking. Ford doesn't recommend sealing the o-ring area with anything. They just recommend lubing it with coolant. That wasn't a problem as I did the swap without draining the rad/block. I moved quickly once the old one was loose enough to get out...... but I still can taste coolant on my mustache.:rotflmao

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Heath.... You can remove any lower fitting in a coolant vessle without loosing much if any coolant if... you leave the radiator cap on. Allow atmospheric pressue "see" the coolant in the top of the radisator and its a comming out fast... Funny how phsysics works some times..... I really don't like yo "taste" what I'm working on... Unless is breakfast..... That I taste as I go.... Bacon never does reach the table much after I cook it... Gotta keep tasting it... :sly:D

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
So...as I drive this, it has low low power at the shift points. With factory tires it would probably be fine, but with 5ish inches taller and 3.50 gears, it sucks if you are on a grade.

So I try to think that the sc will help out...probably not since the pressure is relative to engine speed. Then, I had a guy offer me a PS turbo for free...I REALLY want to do the SC, and if I had a 5 spd, it would be better...but I think the turbo may win this round.

SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online