block deck and head freeze plugs

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Does anyone know all the international part numbers for the little freeze plugs in the block deck surface , and quantities? I have the breakdown for the head, but am unsure if the quantities listed are for one head or both ( I have the heads down at the machine shop getting 4 new guides put in so I don't have them here to see )
So far for the heads I have :
21264R1 1-3/8 Stainless steel cup plug qty 4
40005R1 13/16 Stainless steel cup plug qty 8
40011R1 11/16 Stainless Steel cup plug qty 8
I have no idea what the part numbers are for the ones in the block deck surface.
I was at the international dealer the other day and as luck would have it, I got the kid at the parts counter who couldn't figure anything out and he kept trying to insist that they were $4.20 each, even though the computer was saying they were $0.35 each and they came 12 to a bag ( i.e.$4.20 a bag of 12 ), but the math was way too high for him and my nerves were too far gone by that point :backoff
If I can get my part numbers straightened out, I'll go back at night when the only parts guys there are the ones who generally only deal with the shop, they have a habit of knowing what they're doing. They sick the stock boys on the general public out front -cuss

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are still in there and stainless I wouldnt touch them, they dont go bad or rust out like steel.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The ones that were in the thing had previously been changed out, a few looked to be an incorrect fit and none were stainless.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
the thing had only been together about 5000 miles and there was rust on the ones on the heads, especially the ones toward the intake manifold, which don't appear to be the correct size if I remember the ones on my other engine.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotcha, sounds like they used steel or they wouldt be rusty, idiots.
The correct ones a hard to find. Pioneer brand makes them but I have no numbers.Sorry