Black smoke

noahz

92 F250 idi
Reaction score
I get no black smoke no matter how hard i am on the accelerator. How do you turn the fuel pump up? And how much of a difference would it make for me?

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you turboed or not??? Look in the FAQs, and im sure youll find a description on the fuel screw. Did you figure out the crappy running condition?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of numbers do you see on your pyrometer? ;Really

noahz

92 F250 idi
Reaction score
Its non-turbo. i havent got a pyrometer yet. Im deciding wether to invest in one or not. Is it worth it just to turn your fuel pump up? How much of a difference will i get?

noahz

92 F250 idi
Reaction score
Are you turboed or not??? Look in the FAQs, and im sure youll find a description on the fuel screw. Did you figure out the crappy running condition?

Yeah it acctually just started running better. On its own...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
a pyrometer is to monitor your egts and you should not touch the fuel unless you have one cause your egts can get out of sight quick, which means total engine meltdown

noahz

92 F250 idi
Reaction score
But performance wise how much more could i get out of my truck by turning up the fuel pump?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little. Turboing it is the best bag for your buck. Do not adjust the fuel until after you get a pyrometer. My stock as a rock 6.9 will easily hit 1200 degrees with only a 1500 lb load. Turning up the fuel will only make the matter worse.

GET THE PYRO FIRST.

.....then turn up the fuel and watch the pyro like a hawk.

Heath

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
What everyone is saying the marginal performance you may get from turning up the fuel screw without a pyrometer is not worth the potential engine meltdown that could easily occur.

$50-150 pyro or a few thousand dollars to replace/repair an engine.....

Thad

noahz

92 F250 idi
Reaction score
Alright. thanks i really appreciate all the help guys. Would anyone happen to know where i could find a turbo for my truck?

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I'd look for a Hypermax, IF I was you.....I did not and kinda wish I would have bought new, just for the customer support and parts availability.

Thad