Status
Not open for further replies.

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if i block some of the air going to my intake i will get some black smoke

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah basically. But those who said that are kinda ragging on you, they dont like it and think its a waste. I'm not saying it is or it isnt its everyone's own opinion. But it is not a good idea to block your intake IMHO, bad things can happen. Get a pryo, and turn up the pump and you will be able to roal coal. Dont block the intake cause when you need to accelerate, performance will be way down, and all you would be doing is going slow and putting out black smoke.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What he said - don't decrease the air flow cause you WILL need it one day, instead increase the fuel flow. If you do wanna restrict yer intake tho, do it with factory parts - 6.9 air box with the small opening and a 7.3 lid with the soup bowl, it don't get more restrictive than that.

By the way rolling coal ain't nothing but a waste of fuel, and it gets old real quick - I used to leave a trail of black smoke hanging in the air 50-60ft behind me, now I'm down to just a shade of smoke on the steep uphills but up to 22mpg if I'm nice and keep the engine speed below 2k.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you starting a new thread on the same question?
I'll be merging the threads later on in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726