How do i get black smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

jw674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1992 f250 7.3 idi.i want to get black smoke out of it.what do i do to get it,besides turning up injection pump

FordGuy100

Reaction score
First off you need a pyro. Good quality pyro, ISSPRO, autometer, name brand stuff. Dont skimp on this.

Then you need to turn up the pump and you are all set, it'll roal the coal after that ;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
A good quality pyro.....and a second job. All that black smoke is just unburnt fuel being dumped out the exhaust pipe. At four and a half bucks a gallon, knock yourself out cookoo :D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
A good quality pyro.....and a second job. All that black smoke is just unburnt fuel being dumped out the exhaust pipe. At four and a half bucks a gallon, knock yourself out cookoo :D

Its an addiction I tell you :D You know how long its been since I've been able to roal coal LOL.....I find myself thinking about situations while driving where it would have been fun to have been able to roal coal :D

I have help tommorow, so the tranny is going in and I'm going for a drive dang it ;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Its an addiction I tell you :D You know how long its been since I've been able to roal coal LOL.....I find myself thinking about situations while driving where it would have been fun to have been able to roal coal :D

I have help tommorow, so the tranny is going in and I'm going for a drive dang it ;Sweet

Yeah, back when I had my Kenworth, I had that little kitty cat under the cab turned up where it would roll some serious smoke when I stuffed my foot in it , it would make a nice little curlycue as it rolled alongside the trailer before dissapating off to the side( heck the thing would shoot flames out the stack if the load was just right :D but I needed the power for the mountains, and that sucker had it, I was only passed going up a mountain once), and fuel was only about 47 cents a gallon..then it went up to around $1.15 a gal and I about crapped myself. what's really nuts is the freight was paying the same or more than what these guys are hauling it for now cookoo

Hey Justin, glad to see you just about have that thing rolling again.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah, back when I had my Kenworth, I had that little kitty cat under the cab turned up where it would roll some serious smoke when I stuffed my foot in it , it would make a nice little curlycue as it rolled alongside the trailer before dissapating off to the side( heck the thing would shoot flames out the stack if the load was just right :D but I needed the power for the mountains, and that sucker had it, I was only passed going up a mountain once), and fuel was only about 47 cents a gallon..then it went up to around $1.15 a gal and I about crapped myself. what's really nuts is the freight was paying the same or more than what these guys are hauling it for now cookoo

Hey Justin, glad to see you just about have that thing rolling again.

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about :D That little urge you get when your just totting along minding your business.....finding yourself looking at your passenger side mirror which is conviniatly pointed down to your exhaust LOL. Yes, its been like 3 weeks, time to get this thing going ;Sweet

Truth be told, I'm all set. Parents are getting back tonight in the am or tommorow in the afternoon, so I have help. Plus I wanna see what the new injectors will do ;Sweet.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
when i had the 3.3L nissan in the scout it'd puff a little black when you were realllly pounding on it. i can't wait for the twin turbos to be whining and the black smoke rolling outta the 4" stacks when it's all done!! ;Sweet :hail

-Jon

FordGuy100

Reaction score
when i had the 3.3L nissan in the scout it'd puff a little black when you were realllly pounding on it. i can't wait for the twin turbos to be whining and the black smoke rolling outta the 4" stacks when it's all done!! ;Sweet :hail

-Jon

My response would be like that one from the Movie "Old School" when Will Ferrel shoots himeself in the neck with a tranquilizer dart, and the one guys points at it, and is like, Yes!!! Thats Awesome!!!!! LOL Great movie.

If you dont know what I'm talking about watch this clip, you'll know what I'm talking about :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao http://www.metacafe.com/watch/102456/old_school_tranquilizer/

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
jw674, take off your sock.
stuff it in the air intake right in front of the air filter.

you ought to get some black smoke now.

your welcome,
Drew

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soak some gunny sacks in used engine oil. Throw them into the back of the truck. Light them on fire and drive around town. You will generate a lot of black smoke. :D :D

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running on 100% waste oil. Plenty of black smoke for my taste, although probably not as much as the "hot rod" boys want.

Maybe drive around with your brakes on so you can run full throttle all the time?

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I have a 1992 f250 7.3 idi.i want to get black smoke out of it.what do i do to get it,besides turning up injection pump

You can probably tell that there's a lot of difference of opinion on whether or not you should blow black smoke.

Smoke is a result of:
1. too much fuel
2. Not enough air.

Both will cause your egt's to go up. Get a pyro and either turn up the IP fuel screw or partially block off your intake.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Guess I'll be the only one to say it...hope you get a fat ticket for dumping that s*it into the air.
Doing it on purpose...just like littering. ;Really

Status
Not open for further replies.