Black box found and cured!!!!!

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Well, I found the black box that was causing all my wiper problems, It was under the dash next to my fuse box, tucked into a little corner that was all but impossible to get to. At one point, I considered dropping the column, and pulling the whole damned dash.
I finally got it out, first time I ever used a 7/32 socket.
Well, I found 4 broken solders, and re soldered them, and I have wipers!!!! Hooray!!!:rock:
I wasn't sadistic enough to put it back where it was, so I found it a new home on the huge aluminum bracket under the dash, so it's now behind the fuse box, with easy access if I ever need to mess with it again.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe this is the problem known to be caused by poor parking brake release practices.

fsSnowboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, i found out that letting the parking brake fly is bad so have been correctly releasing ever since.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
I just moved mine away from the Danger zone, cause I'll never break the habit of "letting it fly".

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I was in the process of wiper troubleshooting as well yesterday for most of the same problems. Now I know where to find the "box". Anyway, I had the wipers going after checking ground and all connections, I pushed the button to check the pump. The whole switch came apart! Off to Napa for what turned out to be the wrong switch (correct one not available for some reason). Called my trusty Ford parts lady and I should have one tomorrow (today)...at nearly twice the price. But at least I know it will be right. Damn I'm a slow learner. Then I can get on with the troubleshooting. Wait, that will be after I replace the defective brand new PS pressure line. Also from Napa. Blew the hose right out when I turned the wheel.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online