BioDiesel?

fordf550e

Reaction score
So what's the scoop on bio? Can i run it safely? And i found a local retailer but only has b99-100 is it safe to run this? Thanks in advance for the info!

Trent

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have researched so far is to expect it to clean your fuel system out and keep plenty of spare fuel filters on hand for a few months while it gets all of the crap out.

reading also that it's ******* rubber parts too but then some say it's no problem.

Considering switching too it as soon as I can find it around here at a decent price or looking into the possibility of brewing my own (which I realy don't want to mess with).

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
there are some with much better knowledge than me on this but i have run b20 in my truck and it liked it. you might want to consider running a mix for a little so you dont shock the system with sludge like mentioned above. keep an eye on your rubber lines since bio can make those soft but most dont seem to have a problem with that unless the lines were in need of replacement to begin with.

i would run it and plan on doing so, i think you will like it.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running B100 for the past couple of years. I make it myself.

My advice to you is to have an extra fuel filter handy in case it cleans out a bunch of crud from your fuel tanks. Your truck is a '94 right? Then you should be ok in terms of fuel lines as they went to a synthetic rubber that is resistant to the affects of biodiesel.

And then drive it like you stole it. Is your truck the early Powerstroke or the IDI? You'll notice right away that the IDI will run way quieter than normal on biodiesel.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
we've made and run thousands of gallons.
fuel filter would be nice to have.
plan on replacing return lines and a few other fuel lines if they are old. doesn't seem like regular diesel hose is a problem, just old cracked lines deteriorate quickly with bio.

if you need any help making the stuff check the biodiesel infopop site.... it's a winner.

drew