Beware!!! RPMOutlet.com Don't buy!!!

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
Guys, I ordered a set of guages and a w/s pod from RPM Outlet on 7/27 and was told that they had everything in stock. Paid with a debit card, and waited.
Well the pod and trans temp guage showed up a week later with a note that the pyrometer and vac/boost guage were back ordered and please allow 10 days. OK. Well here it is the 24th of Aug and still no guages!:mad: I have been calling since the 10 days ran out and they keep telling me that the guages were shipped from "MEXICO"!! and will be in by the end of next week! Autometer guages are made in the USA, and I called them (Autometer) and they say there is no back order for these guages, they are in stock and have been for the last 90 DAYS!!!!:backoff :backoff :backoff
I told the sales clerk to refund what I paid for them & I'd buy somewhere else.
He says he can't do that, he can just TAKE money but cant refund any, tells me to call the help desk.
The woman at the help desk HUNG UP!!! when I told her I wanted this done today!-cuss -cuss -cuss
This company is in Stafford Tx. They are RPMOutlet.com BEWARE!!

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your credit card company and have them send you the chargeback form to fill out.

I've dealt with the same thing, internet companies that sell things cheap, then see if they can't find the parts and have them drop shipped to you. I went through the same thing with Hawk brake pads for the International. 3 different companies took my money then "gasp" Hawk was out of stock on them (all 3 advertised the parts but did not actually stock them). I ended up having to use cheap Autozone pads.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I've been there too and it suxs bigtime.... Now its charge back time or fraudulant charges made on your card. Either way you get your money back and the "merchant bank" goes after these guys to collect.... Nobody beats the banks...

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. I had a similar problem with LagunaSpeed. I got what I ordered, but it seemed to take an awfully long time. They have huge advertising, but slow turn around. I will not buy from them again.

On the other hand, I got great response from JP Customs. Even a personal phone call on a Saturday morning when they had a problem with processing my order. Got it straightend out and had my order within the week. Just thought I would give them a positive plug as deserved.

Tom

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your credit/debit card company and in addition to them doing a charge back on the company ask them if a company can charge for items before they are actually shipped. If they have a rule against that maybe they will take there credit card priveleges back. I think the company would have to show positive proof that they shipped the items in order for them not to have a charge bcak on there account. If they have multiple charge backs Visa/Master Card will drop them.

I know some gas stations charge more for using a credit or debit card but if people call up there credit or debit card company up they will probably refund the differences. I know Visa/Maser Card has a policy against charging a customer more for using a credit or debit card. In some states it not only is against the Visa/Master Card policy but is illegal to charge more for using a credit card.