better deals on fuel filters?

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been using the hastings fuel filters that have the drain valve but not the clear sediment bowl - the whole thing is one unit that screws in. They cost $32 at the local parts store. Does anyone know if they can be bought for less than that somewhere?

thanks,
Paul

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been using the hastings fuel filters that have the drain valve but not the clear sediment bowl - the whole thing is one unit that screws in. They cost $32 at the local parts store. Does anyone know if they can be bought for less than that somewhere?

thanks,
Paul

http://www.filterbarn.com/

^^^^HERE is where I buy all of my filters.^^^^

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you just saved me $18 a filter...I had no idea the local store was so expensive....

Be forewarned that their cross-reference makes no difference between water-valve filters and solid-bottom ones.

If your number that you know works crosses to another brand filter, or different number of the same brand, take that number to the actual filter manufacturer's site and get all the details, just to be sure.

He did offer free shipping on $100-plus orders, so I always stock up to save shipping.

I bought over two dozen filters off him at one order for less money than six of the same filters cost at the local parts-stores.:thumbsup:

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I just got my filters in the mail. They sent the ones withOUT the sensor port......frustrating....

Do you think I should use them or just send them back?

Thad

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be forewarned that their cross-reference makes no difference between water-valve filters and solid-bottom ones.

If your number that you know works crosses to another brand filter, or different number of the same brand, take that number to the actual filter manufacturer's site and get all the details, just to be sure.

I just got my filters in the mail. They sent the ones withOUT the sensor port......frustrating....

Do you think I should use them or just send them back?

Thad

Did you do the recommended homework ??

If they have a water-drain, I would use them; all that big sensor hole is good for is another place to suck air.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
YES!!!!! I did my homework as I always do, but the companies website is not current with what they carry apparently. It seems my "homework" should have included calling the company to verify that they have what their website says they do....?

I ordered the filter that I have on my pickup which is filter Baldwin BF1222SP. They sent BF1222. So I sent an email to the company.

The email I got back was an apology for sending the wrong filter. As it turns out they don't carry the BF1222SP even though its on their website. They are giving me a total refund if I choose and I am pretty certain that I am going to return them.

FYI, they have super fast shipping. It only took three days total to get the filters. I was impressed. I just wish that they carried the filters I want......

Thad

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While we're at it, how do we know which filter has what micron rating? Right now I have a FRAM primary and a Fleetguard of unknown model (I was dumb enough to paint over the whole thing), they both have the drains and sensor ports so I assume they are both for the 7.3 and thus have 10-micron ratings. However what I'd like is a 10-micron primary with a finer secondary filter, so what would be a less-than-10-micron filter that spins on the stock 7.3 head and also has both the drain and the sensor port?