Best way to ship a ZF5 and assocaited parts from In to Al.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what company is everyone using to ship large crated parts these days? I need to ship a trans with alot of parts from Indiana to Alabama.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
R&l if you want it. Conway if you don't care how it looks when it comes in.

I like in Indianapolis and my company I work for ships alot of stuff to Alabama. We ship something every day. So I would say r&l is about the best.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shipper is too far from a terminal. To add the remote pickup it kills the deal. Still investigating greyhound but they have max weight of 100 LBS.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
The shipper has a friend that can get it to a terminal. Let me see what I can do tomorrow

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting .. If I can get the price on shipping down I will buy the parts, I need em pretty bad. Local guy is giving me the run around on his trans he has. Now i can get thru on his phone.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Just need weight(close works) and how many packages

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I would say a ZF5 and all associated parts(Trans,pedal assem, crossmember and clutch, flywheel) would be in the 300-400 lb range

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shooed one through old dominion toast member in Montana. Can't remember price e but was pretty cheap.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shipped one through old dominion to a member in Montana. Can't remember price e but was pretty cheap.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will check thu old dominion. Thanks.

If possible I would have the entire setup crated up and shipped as one, But if it needs to be broken down I can work that too.

91F250XLIDI

Reaction score
I shooed one through old dominion toast member in Montana. Can't remember price e but was pretty cheap.

They may be cheep but be ready for damage. Usually one or more dammaged package per shipment, sometimes beond repair. And they stop at the shop about 3 times a day. So its not a rare thing for them.