Best Turbo intake

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
What is the best intake idea for a Factory Turbo (093 correct?)
I want good flow and cold intake temps (will have intercooler)

Pics wanted

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I REFUSE to run K&N ever again in any of my vehicles. The filter I got for my truck you can see pinholes the entire way around the base of the filter.

Also I'm a cheap Sum Birch so any home brewed ideas are welcome as long as it don't require too much sheetmetal to be romoved from the truck.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Well that's abit different setup.
Is the blue box at the frog the filter on that. Thing or?
Interesting...

the first pic has the filter on it. i just threw a cone on it. the 2nd pic is the box that the filter would be housed in. then you intake tube, whereever it may be, would feed into the box, air would pass threw the filter and go into the turbo/intake.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first link u posted to the k@n unvirseal thing seems like a really good setup but the filter looks ENTIRLEY too small.
Or am I missing something here? Just doesn't look lime it'd flow enough.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
I just had a kinda sorta good idea that I have no clue how I am going to do :sly

Take the tubing to the pass side with a filter something like AFE offers for the PSD's. Make a box with some rubber hose around it to make a seal on the hood and mount the filter inside the box (duh). Then custom fab a Cowl Induction for the Pass. side of the Cowl area and make a scoop mounted above the Cowl area for a Ram Air effect. Then route the tube from the cowl indection into the sealed box containing the filter.

Does anybody have any problems with this idea?

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'd have to be a pretty good seal to have any kind of effect fromthe cowl induction.
If it would fit why not just put a box with filter enclosed single 4in hole with a tube from the cowl coming into it? Idk were I'd put the box but just. Quick thought.
Have cowl induction and not have the pos factory air box

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Get a hypermax cowl induction or make similar and then you need one of these Racor Eco series filter setups so you can have a nice SEALED air filter box with a water drain in it that you can mount anywhere you need.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726