Best thing to do to my rear bed for protection, it has spray on foam now.

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
I want to do something to my bed, it has the spray foam on it, should I just do another coat of foam to cover the wear or should I strip it off ?

Thanks for help.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a Rhino lined truck once, and I never want anything else. Rhino spray on lining with a good rubber mat over the bottom is my favourite.

Reaction score
I went with line x only because i read a lot out terrible reviews on rhino not standing behind their product when the job went wrong. Yeah, it's up to the guy applying it, but i read more than one story of rhino not helping out the customer had issues with the shop.

Mike

jada64

Boost Junky
Reaction score
There is a roll on bed coating you can do yourself. I have never used it but heard it goes on thinner, so 2 applications is better, but like I said, this is all hearsay. Previous owner put in a drop in liner and I hate these.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Line X or Rhino liner are the best bet. The roll on ones are mearly thickend paint and rubber/kevlar granuals. They spray on stuff can be made quite thick and offers a premium protection.

I'd go with a spray on type myself.

Good luck with your choice...

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy the professional catalyzed spray on liner kits yourself now. They use a schutz type spray gun for application which is cheap. The do it yourself kits cost less than half what you will pay someone to do it. SEM and Al's liner are two products I recommend.

I still prefer a drop in liner though, they are the only thing that will protect the bed from dents. Spray in liners wont stop that.

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
You can buy the professional catalyzed spray on liner kits yourself now. They use a schutz type spray gun for application which is cheap. The do it yourself kits cost less than half what you will pay someone to do it. SEM and Al's liner are two products I recommend.

I still prefer a drop in liner though, they are the only thing that will protect the bed from dents. Spray in liners wont stop that.

I have a bed liner in a 99 F 150, I wonder if that will fit? Thankyou for the info.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never used it but i have heard real good things about Al's liner, just like jhnlennon mentioned. also like he said if you are a do it yourself guy get the spray kits the results are much better than roll on.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
From my experience, I prefer the spray in bedliners to drop in. They both have their pluses and minuses.

Now I'm a DIY guy, so I will be looking into SEM and Al's liner. Cuz even if they were the same price as having a shop do it, I'd still rather do it myself. But that's just me. However I figured I'd share my experiences over the summer:

The show I am working with now, we wanted to get a bunch of our set pieces rhino coated. Both for the asthetic and to give them some durability, and traction to the performers. We spent 3 MONTHS going round and round with 3 rhino lining shops. When we could actually get them to answer the phone, there was always some excuse why they couldn't spray a sample for us this week, and how the price was going to be higher than they quoted us last week.

Finally called a line x shop out of shear frustration. One week later, we have our tests, and a quote for one third the rhino price to spray the rest. End of problem.