Best place to get a water pump.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, while poking around under the hood, I noticed some coolant had been slung onto different spots under the hood. I can rock the pully on the water pump side to side about and 1/8th inch or better.:eek: That aint good.

Where is good place to get a water pump? The Autozone "lifetime" warranty pump only lasted 3 years (20,000 miles).:puke: I'm thinking Ford, but I hate to think about the price.

Heath

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you can find a independent who can still source a airtex pump, you're doing good. they are an OEM manufacturer. GMB has bought them out and the quality has went to ****. the warehouses still have a few of the airtex units lying around though.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
i got mine from o'riley with life time warranty, if you have life time warranty you should go back and get another one for free

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got mine from o'riley with life time warranty, if you have life time warranty you should go back and get another one for free

Judging by how poorly this pump lasted, they can keep the free pump. I don't want to go through this crap again in another two or three years.:mad: Just calling a few local Ford dealers, it will be right around $100 for a new OEM pump.:rolleyes:

Heath

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine at Napa also, looks like a good unit. I have had no issues thus far with it. They have 3 different ones with 3 different prices. I would not trust an autozone/ whatever waterpump on truck. Although i do have an autozone reman alt so idk we will see...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Judging by how poorly this pump lasted, they can keep the free pump. I don't want to go through this crap again in another two or three years.:mad: Just calling a few local Ford dealers, it will be right around $100 for a new OEM pump.:rolleyes:

Heath

yea i kno wat you mean, if i had the extra money i would buy that, but i have a whooping 10 dollars to my name right now so if something goes wrong i got to borrow money lol, money is too damn tghtLOL

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that it has anything to do with a water pump but I bought my Vacum pump from Napa 8 years ago and it is still good.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Check out evilbay. I have several I bid on and won. They are the oem Ford new pumps and "some others". I know a seller is trying to get like $150.00 for a rebuilt water pump on ebay....:eek: Thats friggen crazy high..... Check International too. I have bought some great new and rebuilts from them in the long ago past..

Grendel

Reaction score
I've had to replace my twice. The first replacement was NAPA and it lasted all of 15,000 miles. Second time I bought OEM and so far so good at about 45,000miles.

Next is to get rid of the fan clutch and fan and do an electric fan mod. The shaft seal seems to be what gives out and with all that weight on the end of the shaft....well what can you expect.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Heath

If you have the receipt for the lifetime pump and replace it with another one from another supplier you should take the bad one in with your receipt and get a refund.

That's what I do with the lifetime parts that I have replaced with a different supplier. Never had a problem getting a refund.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I ordered a new one from Ford. $91 and change. It'll be there tomorrow.

I'll try and take some photos for a "how to" write up .............. that I'll do one of these days.:rolleyes:

Heath