Best place to buy

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a few things and wanted to know the best place to get thim from. It seems that not every parts house carrys diesel parts.

1 Glow plugs. Good price Good value, no el'cheapos but quality at good price.
2 Diesel aproved coolant. How many gallons do these babys hold?
3 parts to add a coolant filter. saw them somewhere cant remember where.

There are others just cant remember them right now.

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the coolant filter a kit or do you have to piece it together?

My other question was whats the best thing to get oil out of your coolant when you have an oilcooler leak by?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Dawn dish washing detergent will make the oil carry over to the recovery tank. It will take some time but think of all the lubrication the water pump is getting....:D

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have herd that before but someone told me a few days ago to use dish washer powder becouse it dosent bubble up as much. I will try it though Thanks.

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go here for the coolant filter http://fleetfilter.com/ . Part number 4019 for the base and 4070 for the plain filter. Filter 4071 is pre charged with 4 units of dca, 4072 has 6, and 4073 has 8, and the 4074 has 12. If you order from fleetfilter it will be about 1/2 price of what it would cost from NAPA.

Last edited:

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Dawn dish washing detergent will make the oil carry over to the recovery tank. It will take some time but think of all the lubrication the water pump is getting....:D
Yeah, I heard Dawn is supposed to have secret goodies that cut some of that stuff.
Dawn worked for me washing & flushing some gas tanks before I cut & welded on them. I did wash & fulsh several times though.
I've used Palmolive before flushing oil out of coolant....just don't put all you got in there unless you want to drain & flush bubbles forever....Palmolive seems to be the bubblinest I ever saw!

Last year I used Cascade or maybe WalMart El-Cheapo dry dishwasher powder in a D6 cat...no oil, but was flushing rust & gunk out. Put it in & ran about 6-8 hrs. It didn't bubble, & it cuts crud. Works for the wifey's dishwashing too...I always comment & brag on how good job she do!!!! So shiny & sparklie!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online