Best headlamp polisher

wmoguy

Reaction score
I tried a kit from harbor freight to make my yellowed headlights look better and was less than impressed.
What's a good kit to take out the yellow and where can I buy it?

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
I've never used a kit before but I think Mothers and Maguires has a kit. I'd like to know if the better companies have kits that work. What happened to the good ole glass headlights haha.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find one that worked. I ended up buying new ones at http://www.am-autoparts.com/. $180 pr no chrome, $199 pr chrome strip.
They give off great light and are cheaper than I could get them anywhere else at the time. Price for both was cheaper than one at AZ

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i wet sand with 1500, then 2500 to get the yellow out, then i polish with 3m plastic polish, then i clear with automotive clear coat and the headlights look brand new.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a turtle wax kit has cut polish, 4 levels of sanding pads and a sealer...really a nice lil kit works well I cut sand one way ///// then use the next level of sander the other way\\\\\\\ back and forth through all four pads then polish in circles.

JM2CW

3/4 Ton-O-Fun

90F250 na7.3IDI 4x4
Reaction score
Why polish before shooting clear? Wouldn't clear fill the haze of 1500?

I have 1500 and spray can clear coat. I might try tomorrow and let you all know how skipping steps works out.

So the yellow is only skin deep, eh?

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
I tried a kit from harbor freight to make my yellowed headlights look better and was less than impressed.
What's a good kit to take out the yellow and where can I buy it?

I used that HF kit and it worked great. The head lights looked much clearer, practically new! ;Sweet I figured out quickly that they needed to put a speed recommendation on the sanding pad that is hooked up to the drill. If it goes to fast it almost ads to the haze rather than taking it off. I went slow and did tiny tight circles and used a good amount of water... a little more than the mist the recommend using.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used 1200 to 2000 iirc and meguires plastX polish with a microfiber. I had the grits on hand already from polishing metals:thumbsup:

Looked brand new except the small cracks which you can't see unless right there looking for em'

I found a glass lense that has the same dimensions but I haven't had a chance to try mounting it to the truck due to time

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I used 1200 to 2000 iirc and meguires plastX polish with a microfiber. I had the grits on hand already from polishing metals:thumbsup:

Looked brand new except the small cracks which you can't see unless right there looking for em'

I found a glass lense that has the same dimensions but I haven't had a chance to try mounting it to the truck due to time

+1 This system worked great for Me. (ima cheepskate) Hadda buy the Paper, had the polish.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used 1000 grit wetsand then i used 3m rubing compound with a buffer worked great

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726