Best E4OD shift kit?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I tow on average about 10,000lbs. I want to keep this trans alive a long as possible. Whats everyone use for a transmission shift kit? It's on my '97 stroker, but applies to the IDIs too. :D

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for longevity with stock type shifts a transgo tugger kit is probably the best one- you do have to remove the Trans to install all of the parts though.

sassyrel

Reaction score
ive used transgo kits in the past,,and started to have problems with them, i went to superior kits..no problems..

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I want to see who has the best personal experiences. I want just a valve body mod, did a few of those before. If I have to pull the trans id probably go a different route.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I want to see who has the best personal experiences. I want just a valve body mod, did a few of those before. If I have to pull the trans id probably go a different route.

With out pulling it, a guy get's all red faced. Could it be from that Red ATF stuff? :rolleyes:

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
TransGo Tugger or Sonnax Sure cure. Both are real good kits. TransGo uses a calibration plate and springs to reprogram the accumulator body.

Sonnax uses shims and springs to reprogram the accumulator body.

Both kits will address the issues with a stock E4OD. :D

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I did what oldbull suggested to my 93 F150s E4OD and its darn near bulletproof. Trans-Go HD2 with the .500 valve (along with a total rebuild, will hold 500 hp).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle