Best 6.2 I've every owned, What now?

1800joedaddy

Reaction score
I sell 88-98 chevy/gmc parts to deer freindly customers via the net. So a guy calls me last week and asks if I got this or that and he tells me he's got a 91' 6.2 w/a bad 700R4. I tell him I just sold the last 1 and give me a ring back. So yesterday the guy calls back and says he's lost interest and needs some cash and not much. I paid $350 for what I assume is a pile. I get there this morning and he hands me the keys. GP's cycle 10sec's and it fires on the first rev. It runs so smooth I ask if he'd already started it, he says no. I load it up and bring it 150 miles back home and fire it this evening after it's sat for 10 hours and it hits on the 1st rev again. I take it down the street and back in 2nd and it runs great. I powerbrake it to see if it has any balls and it starts a 1tire fire w/1/4 pedal. I'v got a 6.5 turbo assembly sitting in the garage that's begging me to bolt it on. Will it work? Please somebody that knows let me know.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the '91...
C/K or R/V series?
C/K is a drop in. the only challenge is taping into a new oil feed for the turbo since the 6.2 has no port at the front of the block.
R/V the 6.5 factory turbo kit will have some small challenges.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online