Belt Question

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
Does anybody here know the correct length belt and part number for one to bypass the air compressor as I am replacing air compressor pump on truck but want to bypass it and still use truck while I fix it if I can?Figured someone here already as done so...Thanks

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We really need more information before anyone can offer an answer. Year of truck... Serpentine belt or V belt... Which air compressor are you talking about... These trucks did not come with an air compresser pump unless its an after market setup. If you are talking about the air conditioning pump compresser then I'm not so sure you can bypass that without bypassing the power steering pump too....

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They sell a pulley that you can bolt on to bypass it. You can use the same belt. I am not sure about v belt style but I have seen serpentine ones.

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
Thanks my truck is 1994 F-350 IDI/Turbo and it is the air conditioner pump I'm talking about.I figured you couldn't by pass it so looks like I'm down until compressor comes in!..I figured these were like any other Ford with serpentine belt on it.