belt flop fix, where is the article on it??

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Hey guys, I think I figured out what ate my belts the other day, now I need to fix the problem. New belts installed, tightened to no more then 1/2" deflection, and the Alt. belt flops around. Shut the truck off, no more then 1/2" deflection. Much tighter n were goin to be ruining a 120Amp year old Alternator. ;Pissed

So, I remember an article on adding a small pully (that spelling just dont look right) somewhere to fix the common belt flop problem, but where is it?

Im kind of afraid to run it like this, it wiped out 3 belts at once and I dont feel like changing 3 brand new belts. ok well 4, i put the A/C belt back on.
Thanks!

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not in a tech article but there is a good article on it. Search the idi forums for alternator belt, Right now its the third article on the list. Threw another belt by Jeff Doodson I believe.

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the belt flop thing also. It was eating belts. Every few months it would break. Those were belts made by Gates. Installed a belt made by Dayco and the belt still flops but hasn't broken in over 2 years. :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online