Behind the seat parts rack

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Last week I was in the local Pick-n-pull and found a slant nose with a sheet metal rack behind the seat. Looked like a factory or dealer option. Anyone know of these? I am seriously thinking about going back to pick it up.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's aftermarket. you will be entertained in getting it out if it's properly installed. the one in my reg cab towtrucks is for weapons and ammo storage.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BOTH of you best be taking some pictures of those and getting them posted ASAP.....

BUT DON"T SHOW Gary!

Knuckledragger

Reaction score
it's aftermarket. you will be entertained in getting it out if it's properly installed. the one in my reg cab towtrucks is for weapons and ammo storage.

I hear that. I wiggled it to see where it was attached and could not find an attachment point at the most solid corner. Looks as if it is hanging on some part of the interior trim, but is very solid. They don't like cameras in the yard, but only if they know about them.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear that. I wiggled it to see where it was attached and could not find an attachment point at the most solid corner. Looks as if it is hanging on some part of the interior trim, but is very solid. They don't like cameras in the yard, but only if they know about them.

hint-
it's easier to pull out the bench seat and then you can get to the hardware.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BOTH of you best be taking some pictures of those and getting them posted ASAP.....

BUT DON"T SHOW Gary!
al-
i hope you understand, but I can't do that. if someone breaks into my truck, I don't want them to be prepared for what they are in for.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
al-
i hope you understand, but I can't do that. if someone breaks into my truck, I don't want them to be prepared for what they are in for.

Clearly that...makes sense...but seeing as I'm WAAAAAY up here in Canada....u could PM me a pic...rofl ;Poke

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I need to go shopping in a bad area of town where that yard is. But I should carry just to make sure I'm left alone. I have found 357 ammo in a phorsea fuel filter up there. Crazys walk amongst us all the time... Heck, I could very well be one of them. A cell phone pic could be sent to many members on this site too. Thats a camera thats everywhere these days. My new phone will even do a 30 second viedo...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to go shopping in a bad area of town where that yard is. But I should carry just to make sure I'm left alone. I have found 357 ammo in a phorsea fuel filter up there. Crazys walk amongst us all the time... Heck, I could very well be one of them. A cell phone pic could be sent to many members on this site too. Thats a camera thats everywhere these days. My new phone will even do a 30 second viedo...

Gary...nothing to read or see here...move along ....move along....you don't need to be reading about no nothing behind no seat....just move along...let others learn....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:flipa Here ya go All.....:eek::rotflmao I realize I don't really need something like that behind my rear seat but I sure would like to have a look see at it... I would take pics of it thats a sure thing... Oldmisterbill had a great looking rack behind his seat when we met up on the road to the 2009 rally.. Was a nice setup too.

Knuckledragger

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I bought it today and took a picture of it before I took it out of the truck.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lmao Thanks Gary....always wanted a pair of love BIRDS... LOL

Knuckledragger thanks for pic....way cool may have to Fab something like that up myself....sure is cool

Knuckledragger

Reaction score
Cooler yet... The middle space, where the water bottle is, apparently had a door on it originally. After I got it out, I found a series of holes along the bottom where a hinge had been affixed, and a door stop above it. I guess that the door could only be opened just so wide (being behind the seats) making access difficult, perhaps.

More good news, I found 60 cents in change under the seat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat